Friday, December 14, 2007

Ok need your help so leave me your thoughts


Ok this has been on the news and Anthony has asked for the book for Christmas. "The Golden Compass"....apparently it's supposed to be an anti-God book. Now I'm asking because I don't have time to read the 1000 plus pages, but I also know I've raised my children to have values and know real from fantasy. A lot of people don't like Harry Potter, but this seems to be a different situation. Now the previews to me looks like a Disney Witch movie, but who knows.... Now I have an issue with people banning books, but this one kinda bothers me........anyone heard about this........

ON another note...I'm closed today because my daycare babies are sick. My one little one, (they are twin boys 17months) is so sick he may be put in the hospital. I'm so freaking ticked that the doctor waited SO LONG to do anything. Kept telling the mother that it was a simple cold. MY REAR!!! I knew he was SICK!! Ladies, when you get your babies, don't believe your doctor if your gut is telling you otherwise!!!! I told this mom 3x's that she needed a second opinion!! Finally this doctor looked at them again and the child is so congested that he is wheezing!!! I'm so MAD!!!!!!!!!! Doctors did this to Bruce and I when Hayden was 6 months old. Treated us like worry wart parents......Hayden almost DIED from RSV! We were very LUCKY!!! Believe me we switched doctors!! Don't let this happen to you!!!

5 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I have heard of this movie too....I would watch it/ read it before I let my kids watch it. Just to be sure.....:-)

PS- You are SO right. We KNOW our children. We KNOW when something isn't "right". Don't take the first doctor's suggestion, if you feel something isn't right. Go ON TO THE NEXT ONE! Get some answers. We have to protect our kids! (Soap box rant officially over....)

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I heard that the kids basically kill the character that symbolizes God. We aren't movie people, so we wouldn't see it anyway! I'd steer clear - there is so much to choose from !

redmaryjanes said...

I have heard that there is controversy around the movie, but nothing specific. Harry Potter had people in a uproar too and it is one of our favorites. I think the key for us will be to see it first, or get feedback from some of our friends who see it as to what it's all about.
I agree 100 percent with you on the child illness issue. We are lucky to have a pediatrician who really listens to us.

Sara said...

Hello-
I heard an interview on the radio where the spokesperson for the movie said that it does promote an "athiest agenda", and that was enough for me to not want anything to do with it.
Hope that helps.
Sara

Catherine said...

I have heard some things about the movie and all that I've heard have made my decision quite easy. I will not be watching this movie. Any movie that promotes killing God (either in this one or a later book) is not something I want to promote or subject my niece to. I have a great website that I use to help me decide what movies I do/do not want myself or my niece to see. If you email me I'd be happy to share the link with you. I've found the information there to be excellent!