
This is our friend Honker. (The big gray one) Honker was one of the first friends we made when we moved to this neighborhood. Honker came over and sat by my beach towel. I of course thought it was love. Honker was only interested in my wheat thins! I named him Honker because he is LOUD.
Honker has had a rough time of it. Every year we see him/her (still not sure if he is a girl or boy), sit on his/her egg. It never hatches. Year after year we watch him sitting in the sun and rain with his egg. Never any luck. We always feel sorry for him.
Well big news folks. Honker has adopted. Yes that is right. Honker has taken over another goose's care. His mommy abandoned him. So even Honker has jumped on the adoption band wagon.
It does my heart good to see Honker mothering his baby. So sweet. So you see even the animals know that we are here to look out for one another. It doesn't matter what we look like. We all just need someone to love us.
By the way, we are calling the baby Peep. I have to get some photos of Peep, but Honker is not allowing anyone near his baby right now. I guess they are still in the bonding stage......:)
Thursday, December 20, 2007
A Cute Story
Posted by
Carol
at
12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
That is a cute story...
That is soooooooo sweet my computer just popped out some sugar from the cuteness!!!!
silly me.. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes over Honkers joy and Peeps good fortune. A pair made in heaven for sure.
thanks for sharing
What an adorable story! Congrats to Honkers from us!!!
I love a story that brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face! Happy Holidays and Peace in the New Year!
GO HONKER! I loved that!
Great story! Congrats Honker and welcome Peeps!
Post a Comment