
So I'm reading thru all your blogs and I just have to say....5 days!! How much slower can it get. Friends I don't know what to say. I feel guilty telling you what a wonderful Christmas it was for us because I know most of you are still waiting. I feel for all of you, I really do. Hubby and I switched to sn for this and many other reasons...... One biggie was that hubby is 46 and we are just getting old!!! Our sw put us down for as young as possible and we just couldn't see starting out with a baby at 40 and 46......Bless those of you that can do it!!! Emily has been home for 2 months and she is still not sleeping thru the night. She is 2 years old. I really feel like an old lady some days!! I could also see my oldest son coming home with his new baby while I was diapering his sister......
I don't want to make light of the situation at all. I love all you guys and I wish there was some wonderful thing I could tell you. I can say that there are babies, babies, babies, in China!! I saw them!! They can make up all the stories they want!!
I just found out a friend has turned to another country and she has her referral. What a wonderful blessing!!! The baby is just so cute. I can't say who, she doesn't want it public.....but she too was feeling the wait was going to destroy her dream of having a family.
I'm sending you all hugs, and I hope that this 5 days was just the year end China blues, and that February will bring many, many, many more referrals...............
PS..Emily thought the lights on my head were very funny......................
Friday, January 4, 2008
Wow 5 days.............
Posted by
Carol
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Carol
I feel the same way. I am 9 days away from my wait ending, but my heart hurts for so so so many people waiting. I just don't know how to make it better. I really don't.
Well, I have a few choice words, but well, you know....
I can't even fathom the fact that we too would be approaching our 2 year LID, had God not brought us to our little Ally. We have friends with LID's right around ours, and it's so hard! Not that I feel guilty, just so sad for them and the delay. Lucy
We are another family that chose the SN route, and brought our angel home in August. We are working on bringing home our second daughter, and will most likely have her home before we would have received our first referral. Definitely, people should not make the wait their reason for switching, but, there are so many SN kids out there with such minimal needs - their main need is for a family!! Carol - I love the pic with the lights!!
Regina
Please feel free to add me to your blogroll and I will do the same. Have a great weekend!
Welcome Home! Your little Emily is precious. I love the story about the elder Aisan woman. There was a definite connection there. Thank you for stopping by with warm wishes.
Blessings
Post a Comment