The first picture is my sons visiting our agency's orphanage. These children can't be adopted because they have family living in China, but these family members can't support their child. So our agency provides a home and education for them. My boys loved the visit because they got to play with the boys. Boys are allowed to play basketball, but not girls. The boys also learn karate and Hayden enjoyed playing with them. I should say the even though our Chinese is limited, my boys did very well playing with the children. I saw a lot of hand signals going on. The girls learn dance. Ok I won't comment, but my tomboy self doesn't deal with that well.
These children are 4 to a room. There is barely enough room to get in and out. Honestly I've seen bigger walk in closets. Yet I saw all of them getting along and playing together....can you imagine this in America? My kids have their own room and fight, fight, fight......we have much to learn.
The second photo is a school on a field trip. Everywhere we went in China the children all waved and said "Hello." My boys said "Ni Hao." Then they all laughed at each other. It was funny to watch them. They wear uniforms to school and darn it they look so cute!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Janet asked about the pictures
Posted by
Carol
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Chinese Mandarin is indeed a useful and beautiful language, which is worthy spending time to learn. For most beginners, it is challenging. But don’t worry about it. Check this good Chinese Mandarin learning site http://www.hellomandarin.net/ , you will find learning Chinese easy and interesting.
I love wordless wednesday, most times a picture really does say it all but then again I also love the stories that go with the photos. Thanks for asking Janet, and Carol thanks for sharing!
I just can't get use to people in the US finding it hard to get use to a school uniform... all through school I had a uniform... I prefer them... that was great the boys got to play with the kids...
Post a Comment