Monday, January 14, 2008

Korea?


Ok a quick note before I must start work.....

We went to a sandwich shop yesterday...that is run by Asian Americans....
The lady asked if Emily was Chinese...I kinda looked at her funny and said yes.....

So she says "Excuse me, not to upset you, your daughter has brown hair." Well I knew Emily's hair was light, but figured it was due to lack of vitamins in China......

She tells me "She is what we call MIXED, she is part Korean I believe."

WOW!

Well she thought she had upset me, but I LOVED getting that info.... Emily was from Shaanxi...no where near Korea....I wonder, I wonder, I wonder......could her daddy be a Korean?

Picture is my brother with Emily...he was skinny all his life and used to pick on me about being chubby......LOL ...my how things change......LOL.....

5 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is the 'sad' part is we will never know these things... main thing is that you are her mum... I was adopted but glad that I know my past... pity my daughter will never know hers though... take care

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Though I think that I told you that I was adopted when we were talking on the phone??? I can never remember... haha... you can literally see Em becoming more 'confident' etc in each photo...

Unknown said...

interesting

bbmomof2boys said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Not knowing about our daughters past is going to be one of the hardest things I think. Do you plan to take her back to China when she gets older?

~Carla

Robin said...

just to throw a wrench in this theory... I was told that as Maddy's nutrition got better, her hair would get softer, thicker and more black. (she also had brown hair) Interestingly enough, I think her hair is getting darker but I wouldn't consider it black yet. It will be interesting to see if Emily's hair also darkens up as her nutrition is so much better here.