No the photo isn't mine. We are going away for a few days. We leave Friday evening. We will be back on Sunday. I want to clear my mind before I have to deal with next week. Next week is dad's cancer surgery. It's a big ordeal, and the heart doctor is not saying very positive things. Dad is aware of the risks, and has signed the papers to proceed. No matter what happens, next week is going to be horrible. I know this, I'm trying to block it out....but in quiet moments, like now when the children are sleeping.....It creeps back on me. I believe in the power of prayer, I just don't know what it is to pray for. He has a long road to go. Even after the surgery, things will be very bad for a while. He has to undergo chemo, and probably radiation as well. I'm going to go and celebrate Mother's Day with my boys and walk on the cold beach and think about all the good things in my life, I'll say a little prayer for my mother who passed 10 years ago, and I will talk to the boys about her as I do every year to keep her alive with us. I'll think about having Emily with us next year. I'll say a prayer for her birth mother.
I'll think about the hospital on Monday.
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Getting out of here!
Posted by
Carol
at
1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
And I'll be praying for your dad Carol. I just linked you from the China support weight loss blog (which I've never posted on, cuz I've been lazy)- I haven't read your blog so I'll have to go back a bit. What kind of cancer does he have? (I'm an oncology nurse). I know this is really hard, I've been where you are, watching a parent struggle. It's so hard. Be strong. Take the time you need. You won't be far from my thoughts.
I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers. Stay strong!
Post a Comment