

Our cat has the weirdest problems.......always....Smokey gets this spot on his back every summer. Then he won't leave it alone and it ends up getting sore. The vet said it was an allergy to the flea control. Well it's not even WHERE we put the flea control. I swear it's the birds! I have seen birds peck at his back before. I guess he gets near their nests......he is indoor/outdoor....sorry can't help it...I rescued him and he had been an outdoor kitty for some time and he wasn't having any parts of being a fat lazy house cat.
So thoughts folks? I guess I need a 2nd opinion from another vet............
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
WARNING: Yucky PHOTO Ahead! Do you know a Vet?
Posted by
Carol
at
8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Can you photo it (the sore)?
Emily looks adorable.
Second opinion sounds like the right thing to do. I'd ask for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist- yes, they have them!
I'm sending the pic to my friend who happens to be one... let you know what she thinks.
Some animals can also have seasonal allergies. Maybe it's some reaction to an allergy. That my best guess, but I am physical therapist, what do I know about veterinary medicine!!!
is it a hot spot? Dogs get them in the summer and mess with them until they are just out of control and the vet has to shave around them, to help them heal.
Oh, and I've been following your journey and I thank you for sharing. Adoption is my future, just don't know when.
Post a Comment