Saturday, November 17, 2007

Updates


Updates, we are still praying for Jane's family, see post below. Still no word on when they will receive the LOA. CCAA is now working to find her missing dossier.

I'm still plugging along at closing dad's estate. I've had a couple of issues pop up and things are still not settled. It's getting there.

My house is a wreck. I forgot what toddler hood was like. And somehow I got elected to do the Thanksgiving thing this year. We have at least 4 guests coming. I thought it would be a quiet day at home with the kids...ha ha ha .....so much for that. Well I need to get shopping because as you can see from the photo, we are down to cheese crackers!!! Not that I mind the company, but absolutely no one can come to my home today and see the mess that is everywhere!!

My job is up in the air. I don't know what to do about it. I really would like to close the daycare and be a stay at home mom. I'm working out some things to see if I can indeed live without that 2nd income. If not, I'm really thinking of working part time at something else. Emily really does need the one on one time with us. But can we pull it off with the bills we have....that is the question.

And another total question.....if I stayed with the daycare....could I afford to adopt again? We are probably out of the China program due to the income requirements, but there are a lot of other programs out there. I don't know....every day my husband says, yes, and then no, and then yes......it's up in the air......so tell me, where do we go for advice on other countries here????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No advice on other countries, but I will pray you find the right answers! I'd love to see you adopt again!
As for the daycare, do what your heart tells you...if you want to stay home, you can find a way!
Thanks for the prayers, I hope we hear good news on Monday.
Oh and that picture of Emily?
Beautiful, just beautiful!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am with Mama Moose.. do what your heart tells you... though I would say get all the stuff to do with your dad out of the way first... Em is looking so cute...
I have not called since you got home - I was not calling cause I know you would be busy with your dad's estate and Emily... take care....

JMCS said...

Hi Carol,

I know, it is so tough deciding what to do. John and I do the same thing - we say one day that we are going to adopt again, then the next day we say no because of the cost. If it wasn't so darn expensive, we would do it in a minute, but who knows maybe we will. Emily is just gorgeous Carol. I hope that you guys have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Jonni
:)

JMCS said...

Carol,

I just read the post about your father. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Love,
Jonni
:)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hard decisions to make, for sure. And I have no advice on other countries other than to do lots of research.....